Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 3

Well, I lost 2 pounds this week. Good I guess, especially considering the crappy week I had. I just want it to go faster but I suppose I should be happy with any loss. I want it to go faster because I decided I needed to lose 20 pounds before I could go to the doctor to talk to him about fertility. We had originally agreed we would try on our own until June then go and see him. To motivate myself however we agreed we could go earlier if I lost 20 pounds. I'm averaging about 3 pounds a weeks so at this rate i'd have lost 20 pounds by June. That does sound really cool but kind of cancels out my motivation of being able to go see the doctor before June. So, I need to step it up a notch. This week was pretty crappy and I know I wasn't perfect this week. Far from it. I can improve so I'm hoping to lose more this week.
Either way I guess I'm still losing weight. I think it will be good either way. Even if I do go to the doctor in June having lost 20 pounds that's still a good thing. Either way it will make it easier to get pregnant and will make for a healthier pregnancy.
I think I agree with Alison. I am going to focus more on eating low carb. I'm not going to go too crazy with the fat but i'm not going to stress about it as much. I'm terrified of getting diabetes and there is a history of it on both sides of my family. Eating low carb my last trimester seemed to work pretty well too. Going back to work will be easier because I will be able to control what food I have at work. The trick will be not eating too much at night after I get home. I seem to struggle with that. Large dinner and snacking throughout the evening.
I also know I need to drink more water. I know i've justified drinking soda but I think the worst part of it is that i'm drinking that instead of water. So, right now i'm going to limit myself to one soda a day. To some people that may seem like a lot but for me that will be an improvement. I'm also going to drink more water. The only problem with that is I don't like to drink too much while i'm at work because I don't really have a whole lot of restroom time at work. I'll have to drink more after work. Maybe that will help with cutting down the snacking in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment