Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 5

Happy I  lost weight this week. 2 lbs., that's pretty good. I worked pretty hard this week. I got a little frustrated mid week because I didn't feel like I was getting any results and I felt like I was working pretty hard.
I think i've got the working out part figured out. I got up Monday morning to work out and it was so hard to get myself out of bed. I went to the gym and everything then quit after a mile. I was pretty discouraged. Tuesday morning I couldn't get myself up to work out. I realized Tuesday night that I am just not a morning person and it would be a battle every morning to get myself out of bed. So, I decided to start working out in the evening and see how that went.
I love it! It is so much easier. I go right as soon as I get home from work. I know if I put it off I will never get up off of the couch to actually go and do it. Sometimes it's a little tricky if I have something going on in the evening but I just need to make it a priority.
The eating thing i'm still working on. I have made major improvements but there is still work to be done. I didn't stick with my one soda a week rule but I did to much better. There were a couple days this week I didn't have any soda. For lunches i've been bringing salad but my problem with that is that the only salad dressing I like is Ranch and that is so fatty. I've tried other dressings but I just can't do it. I end up not eating the salad. So, I think that I am going to let myself splurge and have ranch dressing. I will keep to only a very little bit. I don't need to drench it, just add a little flavoring. I did that on Friday and I ate the whole salad. We are also going to have salad with dinner. I'm going to be very strict with the low carb this week. I keep slipping or making excuses. I gave most of my valentine's candy to bobby but I kept the chocolate and i've been eating that this week. I just need to throw it away.
Weekends are hard to eat healthy. I always do better when i'm at work. It's just so easy for me to keep going back to get food and we always end up going out to eat. I try to be healthy but I don't always succeed. I will do a little experiment. There is no work tomorrow so we will probably go out. I will challenge myself to see how healthy I can eat wherever we go out to eat. We always go on a date on Friday night. I think I will make that my splurge night and eat whatever I want for dinner. If I have that to look forward to then maybe it will be easier to eat healthy the rest of the week.

Thanks to all who follow and support me. Thank you for all of your supportive comments. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment